Essay Option 1
Who does Sally sellher seashells to? How much wood can a woodchuckreally chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Pick a favorite tongue twister(either originally in English or translated from another language) and considera resolution to its conundrum using the method of your choice. Math,philosophy, linguistics… it’s all up to you (or your woodchuck).
——Inspired byBlessing Nnate, Class of 2024
Essay Option 2
What can actually be divided by zero?
——Inspired by Mai Vu,Class of 2024
我们从小就知道， 0 不可以做被除数。当你可以完美的除以0，就推翻整个数学界了。
“Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?”
–Eleanor Roosevelt.Misattribute a famous quote and explore theimplications of doing so.
—Inspired by Chris Davey, AB’13
Respond to all theprompts below (100 characters unless otherwise specified)
1. Describe yourself in three words(25characters each)
2. What is your favorite snack?
3. Best movie of all time
4. Dream job
5. If your life had a theme song, whatwould it be?
6. Dream trip
7. What TV show will you binge-watchnext?
8. Which well-known person or fictionalcharacter would be your ideal roommate?
9. Favorite Book
10. If you could teach a class on anytopic, what would it be?
1、What is the most significant challenge that society facestoday? (50 words)
2、How did you spend your last two summers? (50 words)
3、What historical moment or event do you wish you could havewitnessed? (50 words)
4、Briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities, ajob you hold, or responsibilities you have for your family. (50 words)
5、Name one thing you are looking forward to experiencing atStanford. (50 words)
6、The Stanford community is deeply curious and driven to learn in andout of the classroom. Reflect on an idea or experience that makes yougenuinely excited about learning.(100 to 250 words)
7、Virtually all of Stanford’s undergraduates live on campus.Write a note to your futureroommate that reveals something about you or that will help your roommate — and us — know you better. (100 to 250 words)
8、Tell us about something that is meaningful to you and why.(100 to 250 words)
Generations of students have foundconnection and meaning in Bowdoin’s “The Offer of the College.”
To be at home in all lands and all ages;
to count Nature a familiar acquaintance,
and Art an intimate friend;
to gain a standard for the appreciation ofothers’ work
and the criticism of your own;
to carry the keys of the world’s library inyour pocket,
and feel its resources behind you inwhatever task you undertake;
to make hosts of friends…who are to beleaders in all walks of life;
to lose yourself in generous enthusiasmsand cooperate with others for common ends –
this is the offer of the college for thebest four years of your life.
-William DeWitt Hyde, 7th President ofBowdoin College, 1906
Which line from The Offer resonates mostwith you?
The Offer represents Bowdoin’svalues. Please reflect on the line you selected and how it has meaning toyou.
1. Describe an example of your leadership experience in which you havepositively influenced others, helped resolve disputes or contributed to groupefforts over time.
2. Every person has a creative side, and it can be expressed in many ways:problem solving, original and innovative thinking, and artistically, to name afew. Describe how you express your creative side.
3. What would you say is your greatest talent or skill? How have you developedand demonstrated that talent over time?
4. Describe how you have taken advantage of a significant educationalopportunity or worked to overcome an educational barrier you have faced.
5. Describe the most significant challenge you have faced and the steps youhave taken to overcome this challenge. How has this challenge affected youracademic achievement?
6.Think about an academic subject that inspires you. Describe how you havefurthered this interest inside and/or outside of the classroom.
7. What have you done to make your school or your community a better place?
8. Beyond what has already been shared in your application, what do you believemakes you stand out as a strong candidate for admissions to the University ofCalifornia?
+1 (800)-682 8258
440 East Huntington Drive,
Arcadia,CA,91006 United States